Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My fingers wouldn't listen to me!

I have a bad habit when I play the piano that I inherited from my organ-learning days. Since the organ doesn't have touch-response I could tap with any level of finger force I'd like and now it seems that it is going to harm my piano lessons....

Teacher says, "Tap with strength from the fingers, not the wrist."

But I kept tinkering with my wrist going up, down, up, down.... argh so frustrating. I had my friend and the teacher hold both of my wrists while I was playing from the book at class. Feels weird having to concentrate on the fingers and the piano keys at the same time!

2 comments:

  1. haha..that's a common problem for organ players trying to play piano. But not for piano players playing organ. :P

    More practice and you will get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you are right! i need more practice seriously!!

    ReplyDelete